Jelena Jankovic of Serbia advanced to the quarterfinals of the Toray Pan Pacific Open on Wednesday when Russia's Elena Vesnina was forced to retire with a left thigh injury.
Jankovic was leading 6-1, 3-0 when the match was stopped.

The former world No. 1 is the highest seeded player remaining in the $2 million tournament.

"I don't really think about that," said Jankovic, seeded seventh.
"I just think about my game and what I have to do on the court. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself."

Jankovic will meet France's Marion Bartoli in the quarterfinals on Thursday.
Bartoli, seeded 14th, recovered from a set down to defeat Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia, 4-6, 6-2, 7-5.
Jankovic has lost to Bartoli twice this year, at the Australian Open and at Stanford.

Jelena's statistics in match against Vesnina:
Aces: 4
Double faults: 2
1st serve %: 58%
Break points saved: 0/0
Break points won: 4/5





You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Response to "Jelena advances to quarters in Tokyo!"

RECENTLY POSTED

POPULAR POSTS

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget

Jelena Jankovic Fan Site Fashion